Turkey Burritos

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010

I cannot remember for the life of me where I got this recipe... It was from a cooking magazine... These are super easy, pretty healthy, and SO delish!

Ingredients:

1 lb of Ground Turkey
1 Med. Onion (diced, chopped, whatev...)
2-3 Med. Bell Peppers (any color, the more color the prettier the dish) Also Cut Up (I like them in long 'slivers'... I need to brush up on my cooking vocab.)
1 Can Corn or 1 Packet Frozen Corn (I like the can, drained)
1 can Black Beans (not in the original recipe, but I like beans)
Salsa (a small bottle)
Tortillas
Sour Cream (Optional)
Cheese (Optional)

Directions:

1. Brown the Turkey & Onion

2. Add Peppers. Cook until the Peppers are... cooked. They should lighten in color.

3. Turn heat down to a simmer, Add Corn, Beans & Salsa.

4. Simmer on low for about 15 min.

5. Dish it up in the Tortillas, serve w/ Sour Cream, Cheese or whatever else you want in your Burrito. Roll it up, ENJOY!

NOTE: The original recipe called for Chicken Stock, but I thought it made them to liquidy. The Liquid from the Salsa is plenty.

I'm cooking this up tonight, so I'll do my best to remember to take pictures!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP