BBQ Chicken Pasta

>> Saturday, May 15, 2010

Well, with a call to arms like that, how could I stay silent? I made this recipe for the first time last week and I think it needs a bit of tweaking. So this is how I would do it. (I've just switched around a few things- my onions were too soggy and my chicken was too dry on the first run) I was going to make it again (and add cilantro) and post the recipe. But it sounds like Lacie is in dire need here. Here it goes!


1 tbl. olive oil
2-3 chicken breasts- in chunks
1/2 red onion- diced
3 c. water
2 1/2 c. chicken broth (this is more than 1 normal can of broth)
1/2 tea. salt
12 oz. dry penne pasta
2/3 c. BBQ sauce
1/3 c. sour cream
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 tbl. fresh cilantro- finely chopped

In a large skillet, (I used my big stir fry skillet) heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook through. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.

In the same skillet, add water, chicken broth, penne, and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12- 15 mins. until liquid is almost absorbed, pasta is tender, and mixture is syrupy. Stir in BBQ sauce, onions and chicken. Heat through and let onions soften.

Add sour cream and stir to coat. Then add cheeses and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro before serving.

1 comments:

lacie tidwell May 15, 2010 at 6:27 AM  

Ashley YOU ROCK!!! and yes, I am in DIRE need! it's BAD!!!! I can't wait to try this!!! eeek! thank you!!! :) keep em coming if you haveanymore! (you've already given me a couple- you rock!;)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP