Easy Chicken (or whatever meat you want) Fajitas!

>> Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I made these ALL. THE. TIME. after Charlotte was born. It's quick. You usually always have the ingredients. Good for you. And home cooked, not fast food. Here's the list of ingredients!

2-6 pieces of chicken (depending on the size, I used 6 tenderloins)
2 bell peppers, any color
2 onions
Extra virgin olive oil (I'm sure any oil would be fine, I forgot about the coconut oil until now)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Ziploc bag
Fajita seasoning 

(you can buy them in little one use packets or in a nice little shaker, like mine! This lasted me FOREVER. Just finished it off today!)

Put all your chicken (frozen or not) in a Ziploc bag and eyeball about a cup of salsa. I usually do enough to cover all the pieces.

Mush it all around and put it in a shallow dish to sit in the fridge for as long as you want, but a minimum of at least 30 mins.

Ok, now get ready to start choppin'!! Here is a nifty trick.
I've found that if I get a paper towel a bit damp and fold it on the counter, then put my cutting board on top, it doesn't slip all over the place!! Try it!


Chop all your peppers into about 1-2 inch strips. The wider the strips are, the crunchier they will be for your fajitas, the thinner they are, the mushier they'll be. Personal preference.

Onions are easy. About 4 chops and your done.

Throw them all into a bowl and eyeball about 2-4 Tablespoons of EVOO.
Followed by a couple good shakes of your seasoning (or the entire seasoning packet).
Stir it all together and set off to the side while you prep the chicken.
Cut the chicken into strips about the same size as your onions and peppers. About halfway through cutting your chicken, put a nice big skillet (a wok would be even better!) on the stove to start getting hot. I usually set mine to medium hot, or hotter.


Drizzle a bit of EVOO in the pan so your chicken doesn't stick.
Dump the bowl of chicken in the pan and let it cook ALMOST until no longer pink inside. Stir often so it doesn't stick and so all the sides get cooked.
Push the chicken to the outside of the skillet or wok so it just stays warm.
Dump in your bowl of peppers and onions.... listen to the sizzle... love that sound :)
Now stir everything around a bit and let the peppers and onions cook for 10-20 minutes. This time is all up to you. As long as the chicken is cooked through, you can take it off whenever you like. I like mine with a bit of a crunch, but some people like the veggies completely cooked and soft. So adjust the time to your tastes!


While everything is cooking, get out your fajita fixin's!
Tortillas (uncooked are my fave!!)
Sour cream
Any kind of shredded cheese
Salsa
(I also added Ashley's leftover Baja Taco's to mine... soooo good)
And any other toppings you might want.

I put everything on in reverse. Because I'm cool like that.

This is how I like mine to look... Peppers still a bit crunchy and onions nice and soft (abt. 15 mins).

Assemble your beauties and ENJOY!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP