No-Soy Stir Fry

>> Thursday, May 20, 2010

So, speaking of crazy and picky husbands... I love me a good stir-fry, and upon finding out that Logan hates soy sauce and my stir-fry days were over, I cried a little bit. Until I found this recipe. It's good! And easy!



3 c. water
5 cubes chicken bouillon
2 c. rice
2 tbl. veggie oil
1 lb. chicken breast (optional- I'm cheap and lazy sometimes)
4 c. assorted vegetable blend (bell peppers, celery, carrots, onion, snow peas, whatever!)
2 tea. cornstartch
1/2 tea. garlic powder
1/4 tea. ground ginger

Bring 2c. water and 3 bouillon cubes to boil in a pot, add rice. Cook to tender.

 While rice is cooking, in skillet, heat 1 tbl. oil. Add chicken until cooked through. Remove to a plate and add veggies and other 1 tbl. oil, cook for 5 mins, then add chicken back in.

In separate bowl, combine 1 c. water, 2 bouillon cubes, ginger, garlic powder, and cornstartch. Pour over the veggie mixture in the skillet. Simmer 5 mins. until thick- serve over rice.

2 comments:

lacie tidwell May 20, 2010 at 11:22 AM  

mmmm sounds good- and yeah lets kick these picky hubbies of ours in the shins!lol!

craftyashley May 20, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

I am SO kicking him in the shins and then forcing him to eat a tomato!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP