A Call to Arms...

>> Friday, May 14, 2010

ok-so I haven't been the best at posting recipes- and here's the reason: I haven't cooked (huge gasp) the weather is getting hotter by the minute- and frankly, I do not cook in the summer. Our grill is broken so until we get a new one, well I guess I have to use a crockpot/stovetop/toaster oven. I REFUSE to heat up my already scrouching house any more with the use of the oven (I do occassionally make exceptions for cookies early in the morning or late at night:) so I am asking- nay- BEGGING you more talented folks for some quick, easy stove top friendly recipes.

I"m going to be honest- I plan on making a whole bunch of chicken/shredded beef in crock pots and refridgerating/freezing them appropriately. I know- lazy? yes- the kicker is it saves me OODLES of time! TONS of time- and from simple chicken I could make Hawaain haystacks (anyone know how to make the gravy?) bbq sandwiches ect. We used this method while Ryan was in rookie school and it saved me tons of time, (which I didnt have ANY) it also made for 'food storage' of sorts and made meal planning a million times easier (if you call a chicken quesidilla meal planning). Also it kept us from eating out (bad habit) or cereal/sandwiches. I can't rely on frozen pizza or enchiladas because well, the oven factor. So there's my plan- any recipes involving the items I can cook in bulk (I know I know!) would be FABULOUS!

I PROMISE to pick at least one recipe and make it (I again haven't cooked in a while!) and report on it! with pictures! also I would be forever grateful (and so would my husband and daughter!)

I turn to you stronger cooking genuises for guidance!

(PS a potential preschool parent I may get is a professional chef! she studied at a culinary school in NY! I plan to pick her brain apart...)

1 comments:

Sammy May 17, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

I don't have an exact recipe for the gravy but I use 2 cans cream of chicken about a cup of milk and a cup of chicken stock with a teaspoon of salt. It's perfect. Throw the chicken in there and let it soak it up for atleast a half hour. It's perfect.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP