Pizza Dough

>> Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Since Becca gave me some awesome pizza topping ideas, I thought I would share a secret that will ruin every pizza for you forever. Those frozen ones will look like chopped liver. Somehow, I feel like I should apologize. But if even I can make pizza from scratch, so can you! (I got this from Style Lush- so no one sues me)

2 c. warm water
2 tbsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp oil (optional)
1 tsp salt
4 c. flour (more as needed to make dough workable)

cornmeal (optional bottom)

Mix warm water, yeast, and sugar.  Let sit for 5-10 minutes.  (The yeast needs to eat some sugar so it can do its magic.)  Add oil, salt, and flour.  Knead and let double in size.  (One hour to one and a half hours.)   Sprinkle pizza pan, baking sheet or counter with cornmeal, smush and gently pull dough into pizza shape, put it on prepared surface and apply toppings as desired.

Makes two big pizzas.  Bake on preheated baking sheet, pizza pan or pizza stone on lowest rack at 425 until edges are brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP