Carrot Cheese Soup

>> Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It was Mother's Day this month- and in honor of my mama (who was an AWESOME cook! despite her trying to teach me I'm afraid those skills may have skipped a generation). Well, I am on the lookout for recipes mom used to make(I know I don't have them!)I am still looking for a good spaghetti pie recipe (despite the fact that my husband won't eat spaghetti- I know I know!) anyhow my mom every Christmas Eve would make cheddar cheese soup- I prefer this version a bit betterbecause it includes carrots and celery- my husband also hates carrots and celery so like my mom did, I'd add them later after I sperated them- whatever- I know he's so picky! Anyhow here it is:

11/2 cups chopped fine carrots
1cup chopped fine celery
1/2 cup chopped fine onion
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup bisquick
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups of half and half
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated)

Saute 1/2 cup butter with veggies all together until tender (about ten minutes). Stir in bisquick, pepper and cayenne pepper. Add 2 cups chicken broth. Heat to boiling. Add half and half and grated cheese. Mix well. Serve. Yum!

Seriously, so goo!

3 comments:

Rebecca Hunt May 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

LACIE! What is Ryan's deal?!?! Is Steve like that too? So weird guys, get it together! I say you just cook whatever you want and tell him to suck it up or go hungry... that's my opinion. :)

lacie tidwell May 18, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

thanks Becca! From what I know steve isn't that high maintence- steve's livin the poor college student life right now-so any food is good (from what I know!) ryan never did so Ryan had the 'luxury' of being picky! pssssh whatever! thanks for the support!:)

craftyashley May 19, 2010 at 9:22 AM  

I have a picky husband too. No tomatoes, tomato products, soy sauce, soups, cilantro, celery, the list goes on and on. It's unfair. But if there are no other options sometimes he'll just eat it.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP