Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

>> Thursday, May 20, 2010

This one is easy to make, but takes up a bunch of my pans- a lrg. saucepan, a skillet, a big bowl, and a 9x9 casserole pan. But it is the definition of comfort food! It combines mac and cheese with pizza! It's awesome.
And I was making a double batch today- one for us, and another to take into a family in the ward. I highly recommend listening to Army Of Freshman's Beg, Borrow, Steal album while making this dish. I was shakin' what my mama gave me in most embarrassing ways while I browned the beef.


1 lb. ground beef
1 box Velveeta Shells & Cheese
1 med. onion
1 med. green pepper
1 can (8 oz.) pizza sauce
1 small can sliced black olives
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Prepare Velveeta as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown meat along with onion and green pepper. (chopped) Drain the fatty fat fat and drop into a large mixing bowl, stir in pizza sauce and olives. Spoon just the Velveeta Shells & Cheese into the bottom of a greased 8x8 (or 9x9) casserole dish. Top with meat mixture, sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20 mins.

2 comments:

thegatewoodfamily May 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

Anything that starts off with beef and velveeta shells and cheese is right up my alley. Oh and I have to tell you, that Kilbasa dish with the red potatoes and broccoli... well we have had it three times since you posted it, so stinkin good. I love that its a one pot recipe, perfect for Sunday after I get out of a class of 13 Sunbeams (yes that is 13 and 10 of them are boys!) So thank you, thank you!

craftyashley May 21, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Ha! I'm glad you liked it- and holy moly! That's a lot of Sunbeams, you are one strong woman!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP