Mom's Chicken Noodle

>> Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My mother used to make this 'Home Made' Chicken Noodle Soup quite often. It's one of those recipes that takes about 10 minutes, but tastes like you slaved over it all day.
These are your ingredients.
1 can chicken
1 can veg all
1 can chicken broth
1 can water (just use empty veg all can)
About 4-5 handfulls of egg noodles (gotta love Mom's measurements haha)
Cook noodles to the 'Al Dente' stage, about 4 minutes. Drain. Add the rest of the ingredients including their juices. Cook on low until all ingredients are warmed. Salt and pepper (or whatever other spices you see fit to add) to taste. Serve and enjoy!

Yum!
It was such a beautiful evening yesterday, just after a rain storm, so I had to post some 'scenary' shots from my windows.
So GREEN!
(I just needed an excuse to show off where I live)

2 comments:

Amanda May 26, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

Ha ha! As I'm reading this I'm going...that's the same recipe my mom uses!! And it turns out that your mom and my mom are the same person :) Great scenery shots!

Rose May 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

I make some similar chicken noodle soup, and hear suggestions to add cream of chicken, (I thought that sounded weird but we tried it with friends). It adds SOOOO much flavor, and a bit of creaminess. I usually make a HUUGE batch just so I can have leftovers for days after.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP