Smore Pie, Yeah BABY!

>> Friday, May 28, 2010




So I just tried out this new recipe a few days ago when we had friends over, and of course being me, I modified it the first time. It turned out super yummy!

Ingredients:

16 graham squares (crushed)
1/3 c. butter (melted)
1/4 c. sugar
3 c. marshmallows
1/2 c. milk
1 tub cool whip (8 oz, I used light, since everything else is so rich)
3 chocolate baking squares, melted (~6 oz)
1/2 package of cream cheese (4 oz)

*Mix graham crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press on the bottom and sides of 9 inch pie pan
*Mix marshmallows and milk in a large microwavable safe bowl. Microwave on high 2-2 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after 1 min.
*Refrigerate marshmallow mixture for 40 minutes or until completely cooled.
*Melt chocolate squares according to package directions, stirring occasionally.
*Mix chocolate into beaten cream cheese. Pour this mixture over the crust.
*Once marshmallow is cooled, gently stir in whipped topping (If the marshmallows got to stiff, like mine did, put them back into the microwave for 20-30 seconds), spread into the pie, over the chocolate.
*Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.

~There are a ton of toppings you could add to this to make it even more delicious. I just drizzled a little chocolate and caramel syrup over the top once dished out.
Nuts/berries/shaved chocolate would all be awesome as well.

This ended up very yummy, and quite rich, so we had smaller servings. That just means there's more for later, right!!?

If anyone is wondering, the original recipe didn't call for cream cheese and the chocolate was supposed to be from a candy bar, then chopped up into the marshmallow mixture. I went cheap at the store and bought the baking chocolate, thinking it would be melted anyway, and then didn't think it would work the way the recipe asked for it. So I decided to melt it, and added the cream cheese to keep it from hardening. I love when mistakes work out.

My favorite part about this recipe is it felt super fancy, but wasn't hard to make, and all of the ingredients are ones I have around the house anyway.

I hope you have occasion to enjoy!!



3 comments:

craftyashley May 29, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Oh, no! I saw that title, and I gained a few pounds right on the spot. That looks so yummy. Last meal kind of yummy! Thanks!

Rebecca Hunt May 29, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

OOOHHH looks so good! I LOVE your plates! Where did you get them??

Rose May 30, 2010 at 3:07 PM  

Thanks! I just got them as a birthday present. My in laws gave me a gift card to crate and barrel. They aren't cheap enough that I would normally get them, but with a gift card to an expensive store, I was excited to find anything within the price! And especially something I loved!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP