Chili Sour Cream Bake

>> Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I adapted this recipe from another recipe blog called "Rad Recipes." I give all the credit to Katie who posted it in the first place. It is one of my new favorites! So delish!Here is the original:

1 lb. Ground Beef
¼ C. Chopped Onion
1 can (16 oz.) Kidney Beans, Drained
1 can (15 oz.) Tomato Sauce
1 envelope Taco Seasoning mix
1/4 C. Dehydrated Onions
1 can of Corn, Drained
1 C. (4 oz.) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3 ½ C. Fritos (I use the cheap-o Walmart brand corn chips and they taste the same :))
1 ¼ C. Sour Cream



Cook ground beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco seasoning, corn, onion and ¾ C. cheese.



Sprinkle 2 ½ cups Fritos in bottom of 8x8 baking dish. Cover with Chili. Bake at 350 degree for 20-25 minutes. Spread sour cream on top of chili. Top with remaining corn chips and cheese. Bake 3-4 minutes longer.



The changes I made were these: first of all, I'm not sure why it calls for chopped onion as well as dehydrated onion. I only put one kind in, depending on if I have an onion on hand, or if I'm too lazy to chop it. #2 When you put the Fritos on bottom, they tend to go soggy and I personally hate soggy things, so I don't bake them in, but rather add them to the finished product right before I consume it. The crunch adds just the right touch to the yumminess. Lastly, because this makes enough for 2 meals at my house, I also do not spread the sour cream on the whole thing because microwaved sour cream the next day is not very tasty. (although I did do it the first time I made it and it looked really pretty.)



So there you have it. I hope you like it as much as I do! Even my 1-year-old enjoyed this meal :) Ok so that's just an excuse for posting a picture of her cute face. Her and the tray were a lot dirtier than it looks like in this picture!

2 comments:

Rebecca Hunt May 6, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

OOOH, I have a similar recipe, but don't like soggy Frito's either! I will try it again this way!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP