Pork w/ Orange Sauce

>> Friday, May 21, 2010

Yes, I plated it all nice and pretty using my Pottery Barn platter just for you. This one is easy- and so delish! Serve it over rice- to die for! Even though the ingredients sound a bit nutty, it tastes good!


1 Pork Tenderloin (1 1/4 lbs.)- I just buy it all pre-sliced in little portions... because I'm lazy and dumb, and still can't find a whole pork tenderloin, and it it would probably creep me out anyway... BACK TO THE RECIPE!

1 orange
1 tsp. olive oil
1 red onion
1 tbl. dijon mustard
1/4 tea. salt
1/4 tea. pepper

Cut the pork into 4 slices and flatten with your hand (or resident rubber mallet- what can I say, I've got rage issues) Season both sides with 1/4 tea. salt and 1/4 tea. pepper. From orange, grate 1/2 tea. peel (easier than "zesting") and squeeze 1/2 c. juice from the orange. (it's surprisingly difficult- you may want to have a 2nd orange just for insurance)

Heat skillet and add oil, then add pork in a single layer. Cook 4 mins. Turn pork over and add chopped onions. Cook 5 mins. Make sure pork is cooked through.

Remove pork to a plate. Leave onion in the skillet.

Add mustard and orange peel/juice to skillet. Cook 1 minute and pour over plated pork. Let sit for a minute to absorb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP