Grandmama's Banana Bread

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010

I feel like I have to throw my grandma's banana bread recipe out here- because everyone else has one too! This one has applesauce to keep it moist- and amazingly, it is the same amount as one of those snack cups I have for the kids. Bonus!

4 tbl. margarine (or butter- I'm trying to fatten up my girls)
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs
2 tbl. milk
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1 c. mashed bananas
1 3/4 c. flour (try whole grain!)
2 tea. baking powder
1/2 tea. baking soda
1/4 tea. salt
1/4 c. coarsely chopped walnuts/pecans (optional)

Beat margarine, applesauce, eggs, milk, and brown sugar together. Add bananas. Combine flour, baking powder & soda, and salt. Then mix into the banana mix. Stir in nuts. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 55 mins.

1 comments:

Amanda May 2, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

Ooooh, applesauce sounds yummy! My recipe calls for sour cream to make it moist. I'll have to try this one!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP