Chantilly Potatoes

>> Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wow, this is really turning into the Ashley show! But this blog has really lit a fire under my behind to get my tush into the kitchen! (please someone else post a recipe or two, I am feeling a little self-conscious!)

I forgot to take a picture as I took it to cook at my parent's for mother's day. But you can see a pic from the place I got the recipe from. Mel's Kitchen Cafe- I changed the recipe a little bit because microwaving the potatoes did not work at all. They were still hard as rocks, so I would do it the regular way.

3 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes- peeled and cut in 2 in. cubes (I left the skin on- that's where all the nutrients are)
1 tea. salt
1/2 tea. pepper
1 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream, chilled
3/4 c. shredded swiss cheese
3/4 c. shredded parmesan cheese

Boil or steam the potatoes until a fork will easily penetrate the potatoes. (It will take a while, like 30 mins. or so)
Drain the water and dump the potatoes in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher (duh!) Season with salt and pepper, stir well. In a large bowl, beat the cream until it becomes a bit stiff. (about 2 minutes)
Gently fold 2/3 whipped cream into the potatoes with a spatula. Grease a 2 qt. baking dish and spoon potato mixture in.
Fold all except 1/4 c. cheese into remaining gream and spread on top of potatoes. Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese. (Now you can refrigerate it before baking- like I did during church then took it to Mom's house to bake)
Bake at 400, uncovered for 20 mins. Then heat up the broiler and let it broil for a couple minutes until the top is golden brown.

1 comments:

Unknown May 11, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

mmmm... i love potatoes! will have to try this asap.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP