Whole Wheat Waffles

>> Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Okay Becca, you asked I deliever. Becca asked if I had any other uses for the coconut oil and the answer is yes.

Ingredients
1 3/4 C. Whole wheat flour
1 t. Baking Powder
1/2 T. Sea Salt
2 Eggs
1/4 C. Coconut oil ( this is where Becca says, "sweet!")
1 3/4 C. buttermilk ( I have also used regular milk before and it still works out ok, but the buttermilk is really good)

Now whisk all the ingredients together.


Then cook in your waffle iron( if you don't have one, you must go get one, they are awesome! I got mine at Sams club for $30 and it was so worth it.)





















Don't they look yummy?! I usually cook these once every two weeks for my little one. I break them into sections and freeze them. Then in the mornings I just take one out and pop it in the toaster. Once again these are so much cheaper than Egos, not to mention they taste so much better. Plus there are only 6 ingredients in these, if you read the back of store bought ones there is almost over 30 ingredients and I can't pronounce half of them.





















And here is proof that they are Kid approved (cute kid approved if I don't say so myself)
** Some other uses for coconut oil is sauteing or stir-frying. The side of the jar also said that you can use it in your bath or massage it into your skin and you can also apply it to your hair, let sit for 1 hour and then rinse. I have not tried that, but hey!
Hope that helps Becca!

2 comments:

Rebecca Hunt April 29, 2010 at 5:29 AM  

Thank you, thank you very much :) These look great. I am all about making things from scratch, especially baked goods. Because, well... I love to bake. These sound great and I can't wait to try it! PS- we have the same container for our Whole Wheat Flour! haha, my container for reg. flour is different.

riosfamilyinc April 29, 2010 at 9:07 AM  

Thank you for sharing this. I too was wondering what in the world I was going to use my coconut oil for. I can't wait to give these a try.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP