Ketchup and Minute Rice, the Recipe

>> Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Growing up, my mom would feed us kids hot dogs and rice. We were fortunate enough to have ketchup with our hot dogs. This recipe is a memory of that time. Living in Alexandria, VA, at the age of 19, hungry with nothing in the cupboards but ketchup and minute rice, I remembered how the rice would mix with the ketchup in the dish of my childhood. Because I had no hot dogs, and I remembered I liked ketchup and rice, I said, "what the heck?!"

Eat at your own risk!

1 bag Minute Rice
Your favorite ketchup
hot dogs (optional)

1. Cook minute rice according to package instructions.
2. Add ketchup to taste.

(no pics are available, as this was last made 15 years ago)

1 comments:

Rebecca Hunt April 28, 2010 at 7:08 PM  

Gross :) Sorry but I will not be trying this recipe any time soon, lol!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP