Chicken Tortilla Soup

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

I was told I don't need pics to post! yeah! So I PLAN on taking pictures- as soon as I ACTUALLY cook something (that's right folks, I haven't cooked in a week now! It's my anniversary and hubby's birthday- so I feel justified!) but when I DO cook, I will post pics- PROMISE! Here's a recipe that I have used like CRAZY! A dear friend made this for me after I had Hailyn and we eat it at least once a month now- and it makes LOTS of leftovers(yeah!) and it takes about 5 minutes to do! Can't beat that! and firemen approve (and they are the biggest food critics ya'll!) Awesome for chilly nights like tonight!


CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP

2-3 cups cooked chicken (SECRET: I buy a rotissiere chicken and peel off the meat and chop it up- yep I am lazy I mean BUSY!)
32 ounces chicken broth
1 can black beans undrained
1 can of corn dranied
THIS IS CRUCIAL: 1 jar TRADER JOE'S roasted garlic salsa (it's what makes this soup good and gives it that 'I spent hours on it' feel)
1-2 cups cheddar or mexican blend cheese
1 bag of tortilla chips

add the first 5 ingredients to the pot and stir, heating thoroughly (10-15 minutes on medium heat)
Then add cheese and a couple of handfuls of tortilla chips at the end- last 2 minutes or so. Serve. top with more cheese and chips, sour cream whatever you like- SO YUMMY! This is my go-to meal for whenever someone had a baby or I want to 'impress' someone, it tastes like someone spent HOURS on it- when it really was like 10 minutes. I usually go to Trader Joe's and stalk up on slas so I don't have to go there constantly to make this! ENJOY!

3 comments:

Unknown April 29, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

mmmm... if only we had a trader joe's in tulsa :(

craftyashley April 29, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

This stuff is so good. Cheryl made it for me once. Super duper yum!

lacie tidwell April 29, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

ohhh Cherly is the one that got me hooked on it! she made it after Hailyn was born and literally we eat it constantly! Shannon I'm looking at other roasted garlic salsas for this- they will probably work ok! If I try it and any other brand owkr sIll let you know (if you do it too and find one that works let me know!)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP