Manicotti

>> Friday, April 30, 2010

*I always half this recipe for just me and my husband. But if you're going to feed more than 3 people, the full recipe is sure to impress :)*

What you need:

1 pkg manicotti noodles (14 noodles)
1 1/2 lbs large curd cottage cheese
2 eggs slightly beaten
2 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup dry)
1 tsp. salt
1 jar spaghetti sauce (1 lb 10 oz size)

What you do:

Start by cooking the noodles. (For half the recipe, 6-7 minutes makes them perfect: sturdy enough to hold up when you stuff them, but soft enough to eat.) Combine the rest of the ingredients (minus the sauce). Pour enough sauce in the pan to generously cover the bottom of it. Once the noodles are done, stuff them with the mixture. I will admit, this part is time consuming (usually takes me about 10-15 minutes). But it is so worth it! I have found that a baby spoon works best because it is small enough to actually stuff down into the noodle. I hold the noodle with one end in my palm so it doesn't leak out while I stuff the other end. Place stuffed noodles in pan and cover with the rest of the spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15. (For half the recipe I do 30 covered and 5 uncovered).



Not the best picture, but this is what it looks like before you bake it (and pretty much it looks the same when you take it out of the oven)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Chelsey May 1, 2010 at 9:43 AM  

I love manicotti. I did a recipe similar to this before but instead used those really big shells and stuffed them. It was so yummy!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP