Meghan had a dream...

>> Thursday, April 22, 2010



"I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in my dreams of one day becoming Julia Child, Rachel Ray (nix the annoying voice or laughter), Bobbie Flay (female version), or even my own sister who is WAY too good of a cook to have come from my family.

I have a dream that one day the bread or other baked goods in my oven will rise up and live out the true meaning of its purpose of creation: "I am a moist, flavorful, flakey, delishisness of goodness warm and ready to be devoured".

I have a dream that one day in my home of Tucson, AZ the husband and former friends who have previously been scared away will be able to sit down together at the table of Meghan and think "Dang, she is the best cook EVER".

I have a dream that one day even the state of Arizona, a state sweltering with the heat of Mexicans cooking authentic amazing mexican food,will be transformed into an oasis of Meghan-inspired authenticness Mexican food.

I have a dream that my four little children (that have not been born) will one day live in a home where they will not be judged by the poor quality of their mothers cooking, but by the effort their mother put into trying to be a better cook.

I have a dream today."

Wow, can we say dramatic?? Look, I want desperately to enjoy, love, be good at, etc., cooking. Sadly, I am not. Thus I have decided to particpate in this fun-filled recipe blog so that perhaps I can inspire my inner chef.

1 comments:

Rebecca Hunt April 23, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

There you go Megs! Fixed the comment boxes!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP