An Experiment in Cooking

>> Friday, April 23, 2010


So I was in the kitchen after dinner last Friday throwing some ingredients into my new blender (which I love so much I could probably write a whole post on) to make a sweet treat for my husband and me when my mother-in-law says "Ari, you must like science." I had a recipe for strawberry cheesecake ice cream but I didn't have all the ingredients so I was improvising. A spoonful of this. Some of that. I guess you could say it was an experiment in cooking.


When it comes to cooking I'm not a perfectionist. I'm not afraid to throw in something else if I don't have exactly what a recipe calls for or throw a whole meal together if I didn't really have something planned. Most of the time it turns out (or is at least edible) and sometimes it FLOPS. Either way, you can't keep me out of the kitchen. Thankfully, so far, no has tried. They just keep putting up with my "experiments."

Some of my future experiments include: whole wheat bread, a meatless summer (anyone have yummy vegetarian dishes?), and homemade noodles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP