My Famous Banana Pancakes

>> Wednesday, April 28, 2010

These pancakes are my street cred. for culinary prowess. I piecemealed this recipe together myself! And they are awesome! And healthy! Have kiddos? Freeze 'em and toast 'em in the morning instead of buying Eggos.

 The secret ingredients of my masterpiece!

2 c. flour - you can do all white, or whole wheat, or half & half
2 tbl. sugar
2 tbl. flaxseed meal
4 tea. baking powder
1/2 tea. salt
2 eggs
2 c. milk
4 tbl. cooking oil
1 - 2 bananas, mashed (use the tines of a fork or a food processor)

Mix wet and dry ingredients separately then combine in large bowl until moist, beat on low- batter will be lumpy- and if you use all whole wheat flour, it will be a bit thick. Pour in 1/4 c. portions onto a hot griddle, flip when bubbles appear in the middle.


Some topping ideas: sliced strawberries and whipped cream. Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP