Sunday Stew

>> Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ok, I found this one on some cooking blog and I LOVE it! I absolutely love coming home from church and having my house smell of delicious food, and NO clean up! Plus this is super easy. I prepare it the night before so that it will be done the next day.

1 1/2-2 lb. lean stew beef
4-5 medium red potatoes, chopped
4-5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 onions, chopped ( I do about half of a large onion)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced i just do 1 Tbs. of minced garlic
2 12-oz. cans or 3 c. vegetable juice cocktail (like V8)
1 10-oz. can condensed tomato soup
10 oz. water (just use the can from the tomato soup to measure)
1 tsp. basil
2 beef bouillon cubes (or 2 tsp. beef base)
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Dump all the veggies into your crockpot... Stir in the meat ( also cut any pieces of the meat that are too large.)
Then set your crock-pot on low for 10-12 hours.

I love to have some really good french bread to go with this, and it tastes even better when you eat it in bed. ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP