Chicken Pot Pie

>> Tuesday, July 20, 2010

This is my husbands absolute favorite thing that I cook.

Use your favorite crust recipe ( I use pre-made pillsbury pie crust)
1-2 potatoes, peeled and diced
Baby carrots ( chopped)
1/2 head of broccoli (diced)
Boil until soft, drain.

In a saucepan heat up:
1/3 Cup butter

When Melted add:
1/3 Cup flour
1/2 Cup onion (chopped)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 3/4 Cup chicken broth
2/3 Cup milk
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and chopped. ( I use canned chicken)
Stir together, adding vegetables and heat to boiling, about 1 minute. ( If sauce does not seem thick enough, just add a little more four to get the right consistency)

Pour into crust and cover with remaining crust.

- Cut an X in the middle of the crust
Bake at 425 for 35 min or until golden brown.
Sorry there is no final picture, but trust me when I say it was SOOOO good! Enjoy

4 comments:

Rebecca Hunt July 21, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

YUM! This sounds so good and CHEAP! I must try it!

thegatewoodfamily July 21, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

it is, and did I mention it is sooo yummy! I had a lady in our old ward come over to my house and teach me how to make this a few years ago. It is by far the best I have ever had. Oh, and Becca I made your quiche, but I did mini ones and froze then for Brandon's breakfasts and he LOVED them. They are really good!

Unknown July 21, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

this is much less complicated than the recipe i usually use... i am definitely going to try this one next time!

Amanda September 3, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

We loved this recipe! My husband was very happy when he found out I was making pot pie because he loves them so much!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP