Heads Up!

>> Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ok, so I'm with Rebecca on the whole crock pot recipe week- and yes, I am guilty I havent posted ANYTHING lately- the reason? traveled the entire month of june, had my wisdom teeth out and can now only eat mashed potatoes and mac n cheese. Blah. Boring. Ryan and I have come to an interesting arrangement starting in a few months- once I start teaching again (aug 30). It will involve me having to PLAN and COOK and ORGANZIE meals! This for me is a huge feat, you see after working 12 hours a day teaching (from home) I am not going to have the luxury of loading my cutie in the car and hitting Jack in the Box- yes, Ryan and I have made the decision to go to a one car family (something we have NEVER had to do EVER)

This decision is the best one we feel for us right now as we can afford two car payments but would rather not. Regardless of the reason, I am going to have to PLAN meals, shop at Sams for two weeks at a time and eat at home- this will help my budget, and my wasitline- so what I am requesting of you- is SIMPLE recipes that I can throw together in 10 minutes (I teach 12 hours a day) and also recipes that can be FROZEN and heated up because yes, I am that lazy that I plan on cooking one day for two weeks- so anyone? any easy-freezing recipes out there? I'm looking for a good hawaiin chicken haystack gravy recipe :) any others would be greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Unknown July 10, 2010 at 8:47 PM  

Fix, Freeze, Feast by Kati Neville and Lindsay Tkacsik is a great book for freezer meals. The recipes are simple and tasty. Spending one day out of the month is a great way to still be able to eat yummy, healthy meals when life gets crazy busy!

lacie tidwell July 11, 2010 at 11:49 AM  

thanks for the tip shannon! I'll have to check it out!:)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP