Mini Breakfast Quiche To Go!

>> Wednesday, June 16, 2010


First of all, Congrats to all of us on having 100 posts on this awesome blog!!

Secondly, here is an idea for a spin on the recipe Becca posted earlier of the quiche.

I am supposed to eat a lot of protein in the morning on my diet, and so the quiche minus the crust is perfect and pretty much carb-free.

To make these little "Mini Quiche to Go", follow this recipe from Becca. I used about 1/3 of the mayo though. You could use crust like normal, or, spray the cupcake pan very generously and fill. One recipe will make enough batter to fill 9 cupcake spots, not quite a full dozen. I did two batches and used sausage for one and bacon for the other.

After I baked them and removed them from the pan to cool, I placed pairs of each kind in a sandwich bag and froze them. So now on my way to work I just grab a couple and zap them in the microwave. They are pre-portioned so it is great. Make sure you microwave them on 50% power for a minute or two so they don't "cook" too much in the microwave while re-heating. Fast and easy, that's my kind of breakfast!

2 comments:

craftyashley June 16, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

That is pure genius! Thanks!

Rebecca Hunt June 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Thanks Chelsey!! I'm so happy you liked the quiche recipe! Shannon's recipe is similar to this too! Love this blog!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP