Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

>> Thursday, June 24, 2010

I made this tonight for the first time in a while and I forgot how much I love it! It's my favorite homemade alfredo sauce recipe. I hope you enjoy it too!! Sorry, no pics, we were in too much of a hurry to stuff our faces :)

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

6 oz fettuccine noodles
1 cup broccoli flowerets
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, cubed (about 1 cup)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded is better but grated works too. Sometimes I even substitute with 1/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 Parmesan)
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper (I'm not cool enough to have a pepper grinder thingy...normal pepper does the trick)

Cook fettuccine according to package. Add broccoli for last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain in colander. While noodles are cooking, heat butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often. Add soup, milk, cheese and pepper. When noodles are cooked, add them in too. Serves 4 (or in my house, me and my bottomless pit hubby. The little one got a small serving too ;))

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP