Modified s'more pie

>> Wednesday, June 2, 2010


I love playing around with recipes, and got so excited about this one that I wanted to try something new out. Luckily, Memorial day provided a perfect opportunity for me to make another dessert. I knew I loved it with chocolate, so this time I wanted to try it out with fruit. It was SOO yummy! We had a big thing of strawberries, and a huge bag of blueberries we picked at a local farm on Saturday. Soooo here is the fruity marshmallow pie.

Ingredients:
16 graham squares
(crushed)
1/3 c. butter (melted)
1/4 c. sugar
3 c. marshmallows
1/2 c. milk
1 tub cool whip (8 oz, I
used light, since everything else is so rich)
lots of fresh fruit

*Mix marshmallows and milk in a large
microwavable safe bowl.

*Microwave on high 2-2 1/2
minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after 1 min.

*Refrigerate marshmallow mixture for 40 minutes
or until completely cooled.
*Mix graham crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
Press on the bottom and sides of 9 inch pie pan.
*Prepare fruit as desired, sliced/chopped etc.
*Once marshmallow is cooled, gently stir in whipped topping (If the marshmallows got to stiff, like mine did, put them back into the microwave for 20-30 seconds), spread 1/2 over the crust, add 1 layer of fruit, cover with remaining marshmallow cream, then top with remaining fruit.
*Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.

**I had a little bit extra crust so I made a few individual sized servings of the pie. These were very fun little treats!

1 comments:

Sarah June 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

Let me tell you, that was some yummy pie! Thanks for sharing (the pie and recipe) with us Rose!!!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP