Turkey Sausage Breakfast!!

>> Friday, June 18, 2010

Sorry no pictures!
I made this one for a mothers day brunch this last May. It turned out really great and was super easy (my kind of cooking). I added 2 more egg whites (call for 4 whole eggs) cause I like the fluffy texture of eggs in a casserole. I also added a half a cup of red onions along with the 4 green onions. I LOVE onions and loved the added flavor... all optional of course!
Happy Friday!!

Ingredients
1 pound ground turkey sausage
4 eggs, lightly beaten
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions
1.Place turkey sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3.In a large bowl, stir together eggs, green onions, hash browns, milk, cheddar cheese and cooked sausage. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.

1 comments:

Rebecca Hunt June 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

This sounds great! I have 2 bags of frozen hash browns in my freezer that MUST be used up.... recipe FOUND! Thanks Megs!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP