P90x Chicken Salad

>> Monday, August 9, 2010

This cooking blog is SO great that I now am in need of shedding off those extra calories. My husband and I are signed up and rockin it out with P90x... which means (sad music begins for dramatic effect)bland, tasteless eating for the next 90 days. (enter sad face...)
BUT- luckily we have been able to find some great recipes that are HEALTHY and YUMMY!
This recipe was one I got from the P90x book and it was surprisingly good. It might make the cut post 90 days as a recipe to hold on to.

6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves


2 tbsp low-fat mayo


3/4 tbsp dijon mustard


2 tbsp green onions, diced


1/8 tsp black pepper


1/8 tsp fresh dill ( I skipped this)

1/4 celery, diced (skipped this too)


(I seriously enjoyed this so much that I might go home tonight and make a triple batch to take for lunches at work)


Poach, bake or grill the chicken. Once cooked thoroughly, set the chicken in the fridge to cool off a bit. Dice chicken (or place in processor,as I did, and add the other ingredients to mix together). Gently combine the chicken with the rest of the ingredients and chill until ready to serve.

I ate it with some whole leaf lettuce and added some tomatos on top! Yum, another thought that could be good would be to add some sliced avocato on top. Would increase the fat count but its the better fat. :)

217 calories, 6g fat, 32 g protein, 7g carbohydrates, 79 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium


*If you give this one a GO leave me a comment. I am interested to see if anyone else enjoyed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP