Garden Salsa

>> Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This is my mom's recipe, and I have to say, my FAVORITE recipe! Note: After all the chopping, slicing and squeezing, it takes about 2 hours if you have no help... but TOTALLY worth it!

Here's what you need (makes a good party-size amount):
18-20 roma tomatoes*
1 large onion
1 bunch of cilantro
4 limes*
3-4 garlic cloves
1 jalepeno pepper
1-2 tsp. salt

Finely dice tomatoes, onion (I used a food chopper for the onion), cilantro, and garlic; add to a large bowl. Roll limes on counter top with pressure from hand to loosen the inside of the limes, then squeeze juice from all 4 limes into bowl. Finely chop jalepeno pepper (note: if you are a spicy wimp, like me, use only 1/3 of the pepper, and 1/4 of the seeds; otherwise go for it!) Add salt to taste. Let sit in the fridge for about 30 min to 1 hour for juices to combine, and ENJOY!

*Use organic if possible. Not only are they better for you, but they are much more juicy and flavorful! Makes for a very very delicious salsa!





2 comments:

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 10:03 PM  

my mouth is watering! i LOVE fresh salsa.

when my mom makes salsa, she just throws it all in the blender (minus the limes). it doesn't come out chunky, but it takes a lot less effort.

Stacey Collom August 25, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

I made this the other night for a bbq with our friends, and it was a BIG hit! It makes a ton, so I brought the leftovers to work the next day and it was gone in an hour!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP