Make Ahead Monday!

>> Monday, August 2, 2010

So I did some meal planning yesterday! I have been cooking up a storm today- then storing the fruits of my labor away in the fridge. (hopefully I won't be cooking much the rest of the week!) It has worked out pretty well, and I'm happy with the results! Thought I'd share in case you'd like to try it next week!

Week's Meals:
Meatball Subs
Soft tacos
Spaghetti & Meatballs
Taco Salad

(there's four because our family cannot resist going out to eat a couple times a week- even if it is In n Out!)

I'm making subs one night, using the meatballs in spaghetti the next, tacos using the taco stuffing, and then topping on a salad later on in the week! The meatballs and the taco stuffing also freeze well. Pretty versatile!
Here's a quick shopping list so you'll  have everything to make meals!

4 lbs. ground beef
plain breadcrumbs
block of mozzarella and cheddar cheese
Milk
1 can chicken broth, and 1 can beef broth
fresh parsley
eggs
dried oregano
garlic powder
fresh garlic- I bought two, but they had a lot of cloves, so I have tons of extra
salt
black pepper
dried basil
red pepper flakes
1 onion
rice (I used brown- nutritious!)
sugar
chili powder
ground cumin
16 oz. tomato sauce (or 44 oz. if you're using this in lieu of crushed tomatoes like me, if not, get 28 oz. crushed tomatoes too!)
12 oz. tomato paste
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans
Deli Rolls
tortillas
taco toppings
salad (lettuce- if you like to chop your own!)
1 box Spaghetti
Spaghetti sauce (or double the sauce from the Meatball sub recipe)

Have fun!

2 comments:

Julene August 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

LOVE this idea! We should make "make ahead meals" a theme for a week!

MJPowell August 4, 2010 at 1:00 PM  

This is a great idea! I am going to do it on Saturday and have them pre-planned for the week. AWESOME!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP