Cowboy Cookies

>> Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I made these cookies for my family reunion last weekend and I thought I'd share the recipe here. These are my husband's absolute FAVORITE cookies. The recipe comes from his dad and he won't let me make any other type of chocolate chip cookie because he is convinced that they don't even hold a candle to this recipe. Don't tell him, but I agree! It makes a ton so feel free to half the recipe. (sorry, no pictures)

1 cup shortening
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
4 cups flour
4 cups oats
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 pkg (12 oz I think) semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix butter, shortening and both sugars together and blend well. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips last. Bake at 350 for 14 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP