Football cupcakes

>> Friday, August 13, 2010

My husband LOVES football. More specifically, the Seattle Seahawks. So I thought of ways to incorporate that into his birthday "cake". I found this video and it was exactly what I was looking for! Cute and easy! So here are the pictures to what I did. This is also a great treat to make for during the Super Bowl!

Instead of using m&m's for the boarder of the football, I used about 3/4 of a package of white chocolate almond bark, melted it in a pan, and died half of it green, and half of it blue... Seahawks colors!! (when coloring white chocolate, use food coloring that is not water based... trust me).


I spread the chocolate on wax paper over a baking sheet and let it cool in the fridge.



After it cooled, I broke it up in pieces with a knife.


I used one package of Devil's Food Cake mix and it made enough to make two footballs, but I made one football and then had matching cupcakes.


I used an 11x17 glass baking dish. I would have used a baking sheet, but I liked the high side walls just in case of an accident :) And it seemed to fit perfectly anyway!


I spread the frosting just like in the video, with extra frosting on the side to support the chocolate pieces.


For the extra set of cupcakes, I used one extra tub of frosting. I used the whipped chocolate kind and it was perfect for this cake! Since my husband and I work together, I took everything to work and surprised him with this football creation. The extra cupcakes were great for the co-workers grabbing. Since it was my first time decorating like this, it took me about 40 minutes because I did NOT want to mess up. Prepare to get messy, I don't know how they stayed clean in the video! Overall, these were a big hit, and I would make them again for the next football fan!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP