Puerto Rican Beef Steak

>> Monday, September 20, 2010

This recipe is one of my in-laws favorite. My father in-law is from Puerto Rico and we have this meal all the time since it's so simple to make.
Needed: Cube Steak
Large Onions (half an onion per steak)- sliced
Vinegar
Oil
Rice
You start by placing the cube steak into a casserole dish and pouring enough vinegar to completely cover them. Then top with onions and let sit for at least 15 mins (I like to let mine sit for an hour but this meal still tastes great sitting for only 15.)
Once meat has sat in vinegar, heat a splash of oil (only enough to keep steak from sticking to pan) and beef steak, leaving vinegar and onions in the casserole dish, into frying pan. Cook completely.
Once beef steak is completely cooked add vinegar and onions to frying pan.


Simmer until onions are tender, there will be a lot of juice still in the frying pan (which is the best part).

Serve Steak and onions over rice (I use white or jasmine) and top with sauce.

Sorry I don't have more pictures, I forgot to take them. Hope you all enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP