Chocolate cake cookies

>> Saturday, September 11, 2010

Ok, so I have been a little 'MIA' in the cooking realm lately but this week I made these SUPER easy and YUY cookies (pics coming soon- as I find my camera cord- again- use your imagination) they are DIVINE and SO easy- Ashely I am sharing this for you! (They are not so friendly on the waistline- soooo indulge! they are worth it;) You will need:

1 box Devils food cake mix
1 stick of butter room, temperature
1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese (I go for Philly, it just tastes better!) softened to room temperature
1 egg

Mix in a bowl until well blended- it gets pretty thick to I have to use a rubber spatula to get the dough 'unstuck' sometimes

Chill dough in refridgerater two hours (or more)but at least until well chilled- then preheat oven to 350 and bust out an ungreased cookie sheet. Get a shallow bowl and pour some powdered sugar in it. Then Scoop dough with spoon into balls (about poing pong size) and roll the ball in powdered sugar until coated- standard cookie sheet usually allows 15 to a sheet- bake for 12 min leave on rack a minute or two then move to cooling rack. These are good warm, better later when they cool and shockingly even BETTER the second day! seriously! ENJOY!!

3 comments:

craftyashley September 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Thank you thank you. I'm guessing that is what you dropped by? They were AMAZING. This does not bode well for my diet.

lacie tidwell September 11, 2010 at 1:26 PM  

yes maam! those are 'your cookies' they are awful for the waistline but really, um I have no pros except they are divine!! I make a double batch every time- and I try and feed as many to my skinny child and hubbs as possible- so I don't eat 20 of them (15 is much more reasonable;) haha! sorry about the diet- I ade them the day I abandomed th elemonade diet so I undersand;)

Amanda September 15, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Oh my gosh these sound delicious!! Definitely going to try these soon!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP