Cheese & Spinach Baked Ziti

>> Sunday, September 12, 2010

I made this last night, and it was really yummy! It wasn't as complicated as it sounded. Although I had to exclude the spinach because I didn't get on the making of this dish before my spinach leaves liquidized in my fridge. The girls ate it up- I wish there would have been spinach to get some vegetables down them. Next time! I will not procrastinate until the produce is spoiled!

What you need:

16 oz. penne pasta
1 bag (6 oz) baby spinach leaves
1 jar marinara sauce
1 c. ricotta cheese
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 c. grated parmesan
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat your oven to 350. Cook pasta to al dente or less (so the noodles will soak up the sauce when baking) Add spinach during the last minute. Drain pasta & spinach, then return to (large) saucepan. Stir in marinara sauce, ricotta, 1/2 c. mozzarella, 1/2 c. parmesan, garlic powder, and black pepper into pasta. Pour into 9x13 pan, sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 mins. uncovered.

2 comments:

lacie tidwell September 13, 2010 at 6:23 AM  

ooooh this sounds so good!!! question- do you use just the jar of kraft parmesean cheese or do you buy a container of the fresh stuff? I will have to make this this week- we are looking for vegetable enhanced yumy meals!

craftyashley September 13, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

I get the shredded parmesan cheese in the pouch where you get the shredded cheddar cheese.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP