Love Me Some Fun-Fetti!

>> Wednesday, September 29, 2010

*GASP* Becca- Pictures!! Are you proud!?!


Who doesn't love a good 'ol Fun-Fetti cake!?!


Well my friend at work sure does... and so we were having a little celebration for her recent wedding and I decided to bake a cake for the occasion.

Is was on complete accident the way this turned out. As I was going to pour the mixture into my 2 9" rounds, I realized I have NO CLUE where they are (lost in the move, at someone elses home... who knows) and so I decided to make a bunch of Cup Cakes instead... WAIT- I have ONE small square pyrex dish I can use. So I will do both (and thats when the creativity poured in... or perhaps I was watching Cake Boss. Dont judge!)


Recipe: Cake Mix and two cans of frosting (I used one Fun-Fetti frosting and the other Butter Cream)

Directions:

Cake - Do as directed on box :) Sorry folks- I am not a fancy baker.

Once both Cup Cakes and Square cake is baked- allow to cool.


*I stuck mine immediately into the freezer. Its much easier to work with a cake when its frozen.

Remove from pan and shave off the top of the cake with a carving knife (or cake leveler) to level out flat. Flip cake over so bottom side is up. That will be your base.


Frosting - With the Butter Cream I added blue coloring.

I frosted the cup cakes like normal with the fun- fetti frosting and then placed in the freezer while I frosted the cake.

I used the blue frosting on the cake. I made sure to put a generous portion on top so that it didn't tear the cake while frosting.

Assembly:

Once the cake is frosted remove the cupcakes from freezer and figure out your arrangment. (you can go crazy stacking... or like me, four cupcakes to form a square and one on top!)

You will need a toothpick or something to hold the cupcakes in place. I cut wooden cabbob sticks in half and used those since they were stronger.

I hid the sticks through the cupcakes with a dot of icing on top.

I dotted the sides and stuck in back in the freezer over night!!

Finished product- SO CUTE!! Not a pro... but still fun!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP