Slow Cooker Pork and Sweet Potatoes

>> Friday, March 11, 2011

Recipe:

2 lb. pork roast
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Place sweet potatoes in bottom of crockpot, then place pork on top. Combine remaining ingredients and sprinkle on top. Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove pork and slice. Spoon juices over pork and potatoes.

Review:
This recipe is so easy and so delicious. The best part, it is great for small budgets because it uses so few ingredients. I love the kick cayenne pepper gives it, but you could use less if you want it milder. Also, I have never peeled the potatoes. I take as many shortcuts as I can when cooking and the skins are good for you, right?

2 comments:

Rebecca Hunt March 12, 2011 at 7:18 AM  

This sounds super yummy. I only make Cafe Rio with pork roasts because I don't know what else to do with them. Thanks for the yummy idea!

craftyashley March 12, 2011 at 5:21 PM  

I am SO making this! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP